Monday, May 19, 2014

Meet Kyra! ♥




Hi everyone! I am so excited to introduce you to my new pup Kyra. My boyfriend got her about 3 weeks ago. She is 15 weeks old and we can tell shes gonna be a really big girl soon! Kyra is a German Shepherd and if you didn't already know, German Shepherds grow to be very big dogs. I'm both excited and nervous about how big she is going to get. Kyra is very sweet, extremely curious and playful. She loves playing with her toys and chewing on shoes, which I'm trying to teach her that chewing shoes is a NO, NO! It is very difficult and has been taking a lot of work to train her, but she is slowly getting the hang of it. This is my first experience with taking care of a dog. I have a cat, but they are both very different. My cat Pepper is very independent, but I've come to realize that dogs need a lot of attention and I am more than happy to give Kyra as much attention as she needs :)

I would love to hear any puppy tips/training tips that I can use with little Kyra.

7 comments:

  1. She is really pretty! I'm glad you are happy to have a new addition to your life.


    loyaltofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw kyra is so so pretty! :) i love german shepherds, we used to have a lot of big dogs (labs & dals) in our house but it became harder to take care of them in time, so my dad sent them to our other house with a bigger field for them to play in. now i only have one little dog here at home, a yorkshire terrier :)

    as for the tip : its impt to train them consistently on their first few months (potty training, house rules etc) there are good training vids in YT that helped me train Bentley when he was very young :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten the hang of potty training when shes inside. she usually runs to the door when she needs to go which is good. I've been looking up vids for training and teaching her. She seems to understand "Sit" now. Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete
  3. Aaahw how adorable! Congratulations!

    Mymakeupmemoire.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete