Thursday, February 5, 2015

Travel Diary: Chicago Part 2




Yes I visited the BEAN, but wait we haven't gotten to that part yet! lol.

Day 2: We woke up bright and early we were the one of the firsts in line for breakfast and then we headed out to The Loop which is what they call the downtown part of Chicago. Our walk there was freezing it was about 7 blocks away from the hotel and we were able to cross the bridge and see the river.




 

We went to Millennium park which was where the famous Bean was at. It was much bigger than I expected. I was amazing there were also tons of people taking pictures around and under it. Everyone seemed excited.



 After exploring we got really hungry so we found a place called Miller's Pub. I wasn't sure what to expect I just wanted some good warm food! I got exactly that! I ordered an amazing Chicken Pot Pie. I know it may sound boring to some of you, but it was so delicious. It had a warm flaky crust and the gravy on the inside was so creamy! It somehow gave me this comforting feeling. I would definitely go back for that chicken pot pie again.


After our lunch we headed back to the hotel for a quick nap and happy hour. Then we got ready to go out for yes you guessed it...MORE FOOD! Our dinner spot for the night was one of the top places to eat on the list....SHAKE SHACK! I was so excited when I found out there was a Shake Shack that had just opened close to our hotel. There aren't any in SoCal and I've heard so much hype from people who have been to the east coast. It was so good! I would put it right under In-n-Out.


 I wasn't able to try any of the ice creams or shakes because we had to go to our next spot for more drinks and dessert.
We walked over to the John Hancock tower and went all the way up to the 96th floor. There is a lounge where we grabbed drinks and a chocolate mousse dessert. You could see the view of the whole city. It was incredible!




No comments:

Post a Comment