Saturday, November 15, 2014

Tarte Chic to Cheek Amazonian Clay Blush Set


My favorite time of the year to do makeup shopping is around the holidays. There are always really good gift/value sets from dozens of pricey cosmetic brands. As for me (a most of the time "broke college student") I don't always splurge on fancy makeup, but around this time of the year I know I will get good deals on raved about products I've been wanting to try. I've heard so many good things about the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes and I do own one limited edition blush from the brand, but I've been wanting to try more. I jumped on the chance to get the Tarte Chic to Cheek deluxe Amazonian Clay Blush Set, so I thought I would share a review.


 This blush set is part of Tartes new Sweet Dreams Holiday 2014 Collection. It comes with 4 deluxe sized limited edition blushes. The full sized blushes come with 0.20 oz. compared to 0.05 oz. in these deluxe size blushes. One full sized blush costs $26 while this limited edition set retails for $35.


These blushes are mini sized, but still big enough to fit my Real Techniques Blush brush into. 

The colors that come in the set are:
  • Daydream (plum nude shade)
  • Amour (Rosy pink shade)
  • Classic (Candy pink shade)
  • Prim (soft apricot pink shade)
The packaging is adorable and the size makes them great for traveling. I love that they come in their own individual compact instead of all four coming in one bulky palette. However, they do not include a mirror in the compact, but I can do without it.

The formula for these blushes are smooth and pigmented. The shades can go on light or you can build them up if you're like me and like more color.

 Top: Daydream (left), Amour (right)  Bottom: Classic (left), Prim (right)

Left to right: Daydream, Amour, Classic, Prim

My only con with this set is some of the shades do look very similar, I do wish they would of included more of a variety in different shades of colors. I do however love the shades because they are very wearable. 

 This set is exclusive to Tarte and to ULTA. I had no luck finding it on the ULTA website, but I was lucky enough to find it at the ULTA store. It was the last one at my ULTA so if you do want this set you better run and grab it quick since they are limited edition!

1 comment: